General Data Protection Regulation (Gdpr)
We act as Data Controller of your information.
- DEMO needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given DEMO explicit permission to do so
- Recording your information is in DEMO's legitimate interest. This is the case, for example, when we collect and use your Personal Information to prevent fraud or other criminal activities and to improve our service offering
- DEMO has to act in compliance with the law
DEMO will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you would like to know more about what Personal Information we retain about you and want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
- Curators - We may share Personal Information with the curatorial team for the purpose of evaluating Participant's work.
- Service Providers - We share Personal Information with third party providers of services relating to, for example, our website, the administration of the participants, IT support. These service providers only have access to the Personal Information necessary to perform their functions, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and may not use it for purposes other than to perform such functions.
- Legal - We may disclose Personal Information to courts, law enforcement agencies, and other government bodies where we believe that doing so is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. We may also disclose Personal Information to external legal counsel to assist us with the establishment and defence of legal claims.
- With Your Consent - We may also share Personal Information with other third parties subject to your prior consent.
We use log files. These are files that log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and it is a central part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks. This information is not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information recorded is tracking users' movement on the website, administering the site, analysing trends, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and web beacons
Just like other websites, DEMO makes use of 'cookies' to optimise user experience by adjusting our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information. These cookies store information regarding visitors' preferences and the pages on the website the visitor accessed.